Tuesday, August 19, 2014

It has been more than one year since I have posted - 15 months (!) - and because of all the social media outlets, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, etc., I forgot about this blog.  Unfortunately, a couple weeks ago, someone broke into my car and took one of the most valuable things in my life, my MacBook.  Now, this laptop was 4 years old, two of the keys were not working, and there was a huge crack on the outside cover.  So, I do not mean valuable in terms of monetary value, but in terms of the memories it held, it was absolutely priceless. I did not back up my thousands of photos, my hundreds of documents, my work from law school, my research from internships, classes, and projects, the book I was writing, and other assorted keepsakes and items saved on my laptop.  Anything that I saved from the past twenty-something years is gone.  After going through the stages of grief (denial, anger, depression), I have finally hit acceptance and I am trying to move on through the best way I know how - to document and create new memories.  And so, here I am, blogging again.  Stay tuned!  xx  

No comments: